Makelele`s playing career to end with the season
Paris: Former France midfielder Claude Makelele will end his playing career when his contract with Paris St Germain expires at the close of the current season, the PSG captain said on Thursday.
"This is actually my last season. My future is behind me," Makelele, 37, told reporters.
Makelele joined PSG in 2008 after spells at Real Madrid, where he won the Champions League in 2002, and Chelsea, with whom he won Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006. He earned 71 caps for France and played in the 2006 World Cup final which France lost to Italy after a penalty shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister