Makelele`s playing career to end with the season
Paris: Former France midfielder Claude Makelele will end his playing career when his contract with Paris St Germain expires at the close of the current season, the PSG captain said on Thursday.
"This is actually my last season. My future is behind me," Makelele, 37, told reporters.
Makelele joined PSG in 2008 after spells at Real Madrid, where he won the Champions League in 2002, and Chelsea, with whom he won Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006. He earned 71 caps for France and played in the 2006 World Cup final which France lost to Italy after a penalty shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!