Makelele`s playing career to end with the season
Paris: Former France midfielder Claude Makelele will end his playing career when his contract with Paris St Germain expires at the close of the current season, the PSG captain said on Thursday.
"This is actually my last season. My future is behind me," Makelele, 37, told reporters.
Makelele joined PSG in 2008 after spells at Real Madrid, where he won the Champions League in 2002, and Chelsea, with whom he won Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006. He earned 71 caps for France and played in the 2006 World Cup final which France lost to Italy after a penalty shootout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai