Malaga agree to sign Italian midfielder Maresca
Seville: Malaga have agreed to sign Italian midfielder Vincenzo Maresca until the end of next season with the possibility of a further year, the struggling La Liga club said.
The 30-year-old, whose career has included spells with Juventus and Fiorentina as well as Sevilla, has been a free agent since leaving Olympiakos in August.
"With the arrival of Enzo we add to the team a man with experience who has played at big clubs and who brings quality, seniority and leadership to our midfield," sporting director Antonio Fernandez said on the club website.
Malaga sacked coach Jesualdo Ferreira last month and appointed former Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini. They are 17th in the 20-team standings with 13 points from 14 matches.
Maresca will have a medical on Thursday before being presented to the media at the Andalusian club`s Rosaleda stadium, Malaga said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news