Malaga agree to sign Italian midfielder Maresca
Seville: Malaga have agreed to sign Italian midfielder Vincenzo Maresca until the end of next season with the possibility of a further year, the struggling La Liga club said.
The 30-year-old, whose career has included spells with Juventus and Fiorentina as well as Sevilla, has been a free agent since leaving Olympiakos in August.
"With the arrival of Enzo we add to the team a man with experience who has played at big clubs and who brings quality, seniority and leadership to our midfield," sporting director Antonio Fernandez said on the club website.
Malaga sacked coach Jesualdo Ferreira last month and appointed former Real Madrid boss Manuel Pellegrini. They are 17th in the 20-team standings with 13 points from 14 matches.
Maresca will have a medical on Thursday before being presented to the media at the Andalusian club`s Rosaleda stadium, Malaga said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!