‘Malegaon blasts arrests vital in exposing Hindu terrorism’
Mumbai, Oct 30: Muslim intellectuals and
political leaders on Thursday said, the arrest of a Sadhvi and other
activists in connection with the Malegaon and Modasa blasts,
marks a good beginning in exposing the role of Hindu outfits in
"This is just a tip of the iceberg and names of many
top brass leaders of Hindu right wing organisations would
figure if the investigations are carried out without any
political pressure," Prof Dr Anwar Amir Ansari, Secretary,
Aman Committee, said.
"Though it (arrest of Hindu fundamentalists) is a late
action, its a good beginning, let there be impartial probe,
"Why there are double standards in booking the accused
under soft act and why are they are they not placed under
stringent laws like MCOCA," Ansari asked.
Ulema Council Chief Maulana Kashmiri, said, with these
arrests police can lead to the real culprits involved in the
earlier blasts including the Mumbai train blasts.
"Why the ATS is not talking openly to the media. Is it
under any pressure from the government?" Kashmiri asked.
He also rubbished reports that the move is to appease
the minorities with an eye on the forthcoming elections.
"Terrorism does not have any religion, but this is a
reality, that members of the Hindu outfit have been involved,
but of course they are not members of BJP," Hyder Azam, BJP
Minority Cell, Mumbai President said.
"The Muslim community always suspected that some Hindu
fundamentalists were involved in the blasts, as Muslims would
not attack religious places - mosque or any dargah," Anees
Ahmed, Minister of State for Dairy Development and Animal
"The earlier blast in Malegaon on the Shabe Baraat
(which is one of the biggest day for Muslims), no true Muslims
will ever do such act," Ahmed said.
The minister also said that, "Muslims were always
patriotic to the nation and would never betray the country
which has given everything to us."
Meanwhile, former food and civil supplies minister
Arif Mohammed Khan also demanded for a thorough probe into the
role of right wing groups in the Malegaon blasts.
Khan, said with the arrest of the right wing members
shows that definitely some more top leaders of this right wing
are involved in such "nefarious acts".
Khan while congratulating the Maharashtra police
and the state government for nabbing the culprits said, that
communal parties are responsible for disturbing the harmony in
the country and particularly in Maharashtra.
Social activist Shabbir Somji, said, "As the matter is
under investigation, one should not draw conclusions and also
the entire community should not be blamed for a group of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in