Mallya wants Force India to be consistent
Silverstone (UK): With the Formula One season approaching half-way mark, Force India want its drivers to start scoring points consistently.
The ninth race of the 19-race 2011 season – British Grand Prix -- will be held on July 10 and Force India are placed eighth with just 12 points in the team standings.
Since Silverstone is a home race for Force India, team Principal Vijay Mallya is keen to do well.
Mallya was though not sure how the rule, which will prevent teams from using engine mapping to blow exhaust gases into the diffuser when the driver is off the throttle, will impact the car and the drivers.
"For Silverstone we have a new package, and we`ll see what happens with the blowing rule changes. That could have an impact; we`ll have to assess what. And we`ll have a package for Germany, so obviously now we want to start scoring points regularly," Mallya said.
"With the number of Indians in Britain, and the number of Force India fans who come to Silverstone, it`s obviously a very important race for us. It`s like a second home Grand Prix. India obviously this year will be the home Grand Prix for us, but Silverstone has always been a home away from home," he added.
Mallya is happy that Adrian Sutil was back among points at Valencia and felt the team was going in right direction.
"We could have done better with his pit stops, but that`s racing I guess. We targeted the Renaults, and we beat them, we targeted the Saubers as well, and beat them. A Toro Rosso slipped past with one less pit stop, but things are going in the right direction," Mallya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!