Mallya`s Kingfisher has most cases of drunk pilots
New Delhi: Vijay Mallya-promoted Kingfisher Airlines has the dubious distinction of having the maximum cases of pilots found under the influence of alcohol before take-off.
A number of airlines including Naresh Goyal`s Jet
were cited where pilots were reported to be under the
influence of alcohol in the past one year, the government
informed the Rajya Sabha.
Incidentally, Mallya had named his airline after the most
popular beer brand in his brewery business.
"Eight pilots of Kingfisher Airlines, six each of
Indigo and SpiceJet and three each of Jetlite, Jet Airways and
Paramount were detected alco-positive during pre-flight
medical examination," Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel
said in a written reply.
He was responding to a query on incidents of drunk
pilots of private airlines during the last one year.
"Any pilot found to be alco-positive is immediately
grounded for a period of up to six weeks," Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video