Mamata passes ordinance to return singur land
New Delhi: Weeks after resuming office at the Writers’ building, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee promulgated an ordinance on Thursday to pave way for returning 400 acres of the Singur Nano factory plot to the unwilling farmers.
The ordinance would remove the legal hurdle in the course of returning the acquired land to its original owners who had been supposedly forced to give up their land for the much touted Tata group’s small car wonder Nano. To Read Full story – Click Here»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?