Mamata passes ordinance to return singur land
New Delhi: Weeks after resuming office at the Writers’ building, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee promulgated an ordinance on Thursday to pave way for returning 400 acres of the Singur Nano factory plot to the unwilling farmers.
The ordinance would remove the legal hurdle in the course of returning the acquired land to its original owners who had been supposedly forced to give up their land for the much touted Tata group’s small car wonder Nano. To Read Full story – Click Here»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars