Mamata passes ordinance to return singur land
New Delhi: Weeks after resuming office at the Writers’ building, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee promulgated an ordinance on Thursday to pave way for returning 400 acres of the Singur Nano factory plot to the unwilling farmers.
The ordinance would remove the legal hurdle in the course of returning the acquired land to its original owners who had been supposedly forced to give up their land for the much touted Tata group’s small car wonder Nano. To Read Full story – Click Here»
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory