Mamata passes ordinance to return singur land
New Delhi: Weeks after resuming office at the Writers’ building, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee promulgated an ordinance on Thursday to pave way for returning 400 acres of the Singur Nano factory plot to the unwilling farmers.
The ordinance would remove the legal hurdle in the course of returning the acquired land to its original owners who had been supposedly forced to give up their land for the much touted Tata group’s small car wonder Nano. To Read Full story – Click Here»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000