Mamata passes ordinance to return singur land
New Delhi: Weeks after resuming office at the Writers’ building, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee promulgated an ordinance on Thursday to pave way for returning 400 acres of the Singur Nano factory plot to the unwilling farmers.
The ordinance would remove the legal hurdle in the course of returning the acquired land to its original owners who had been supposedly forced to give up their land for the much touted Tata group’s small car wonder Nano. To Read Full story – Click Here»
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?