Man City eyeing 100 million pound transfer package for Tevez
London: Manchester City will sell captain Carlos Tevez only if a club is willing to pay 100 million pounds in transfer fee and wages.
Tevez dreams of moving to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Inter Milan.
However, City are adamant that they do not want to sell their skipper and would want a fee of around 50 million pounds if they were forced to admit they could no longer hang on to him.
The 27-year-old is paid around 250,000 pounds-a-week, which would cost any prospective buyer 48 million pounds over the length of a four-year contract.
The Blues feel that is the going rate for a world-class striker such as Tevez, after Chelsea splashed out that much to buy Liverpool’s Fernando Torres in January, a daily reported.
Tevez is an even hotter property than Torres as he has been the Premier League’s top scorer over the last two seasons, bagging 43 goals in 66 appearances.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India