Man City go top with win over Bolton
London: Manchester City won a thrilling match 3-2 at Bolton Wanderers to go top of the Premier League and maintain their perfect start to the season at the Reebok Stadium.
City struck with long-range first-half goals from David Silva and Gareth Barry which put them 2-0 ahead after 38 minutes before Ivan Klasnic replied with a volley to make it 2-1 at the interval.
Edin Dzeko made it 3-1 to City early in the second half before a Kevin Davies header after 63 minutes put Bolton back in the game.
Carlos Tevez, strongly linked with a move away from City, replaced his Argentine team mate Sergio Aguero midway through the second half after Aguero failed to sparkle in the way he did on his debut when he scored twice in City`s opening 4-0 win over Swansea City.
City have six points and lead Wolverhampton Wanderers on goal difference.
In the day`s other game, Norwich City drew 1-1 at home with Stoke City.
Champions Manchester United play Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford on Monday when Spurs belatedly kick-off their campaign after last week`s season-opener against Everton was called off following the London riots.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India