Man City go top with win over Bolton
London: Manchester City won a thrilling match 3-2 at Bolton Wanderers to go top of the Premier League and maintain their perfect start to the season at the Reebok Stadium.
City struck with long-range first-half goals from David Silva and Gareth Barry which put them 2-0 ahead after 38 minutes before Ivan Klasnic replied with a volley to make it 2-1 at the interval.
Edin Dzeko made it 3-1 to City early in the second half before a Kevin Davies header after 63 minutes put Bolton back in the game.
Carlos Tevez, strongly linked with a move away from City, replaced his Argentine team mate Sergio Aguero midway through the second half after Aguero failed to sparkle in the way he did on his debut when he scored twice in City`s opening 4-0 win over Swansea City.
City have six points and lead Wolverhampton Wanderers on goal difference.
In the day`s other game, Norwich City drew 1-1 at home with Stoke City.
Champions Manchester United play Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford on Monday when Spurs belatedly kick-off their campaign after last week`s season-opener against Everton was called off following the London riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket