Man City suffer Balotelli injury blow
London: Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has been ruled out for a month with a knee injury, City manager Roberto Mancini said on Tuesday.
“I’m worried because he can’t play for another three or four weeks at an important moment for us,” Mancini was quoted as saying on the BBC. “To have an operation done and then to have another problem two months later is strange.”
The 20-year-old Balotelli’s season has already been disrupted by injury and suspension and he has made just seven Premier League starts since joining from Inter Milan.
“He may need surgery. We just don’t know. He must rest, then he will have treatment and work. Hopefully then he will be OK,” added Mancini, who can at least content himself with the knowledge that new signing Edin Dzeko will be available for Saturday’s home game against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Dzeko, who gave his first news conference on Tuesday since signing in a reported 30 million pounds (USD 46.68 million) deal from Wolfsburg, is likely to start alongside Carlos Tevez against Wolves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj