Man City`s Santa says he`ll ruin Rafa`s
London: Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz and his team-mates have warned Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez that they intend to ruin his Christmas celebrations this year.
Manchester City is due to take on Liverpool in Anfield today, and are looking to push Benitez closer to the sack.
The Reds` season could be over before the decorations have even gone up if the next few days go badly at home and in Europe.
Striker Santa Cruz said: "People say this is a big game for City, to prove we are worthy of being called a big club. But this is also a big game for Liverpool. They`ll look at us and see us above them in the table. Our main aim is to be in one of the Champions League places by finishing in the top four. So we need to go to Liverpool and prove we can take one of those places they want to be involved in."
Santa Cruz has been involved in title races in the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.
He knows Liverpool is always seen as a massive game by Manchester United and feels City need to adopt a similar mentality.
Mark Hughes` men have lost only one Premier League game all season but have drawn their last five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security