Man City`s Santa says he`ll ruin Rafa`s
London: Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz and his team-mates have warned Liverpool coach Rafa Benitez that they intend to ruin his Christmas celebrations this year.
Manchester City is due to take on Liverpool in Anfield today, and are looking to push Benitez closer to the sack.
The Reds` season could be over before the decorations have even gone up if the next few days go badly at home and in Europe.
Striker Santa Cruz said: "People say this is a big game for City, to prove we are worthy of being called a big club. But this is also a big game for Liverpool. They`ll look at us and see us above them in the table. Our main aim is to be in one of the Champions League places by finishing in the top four. So we need to go to Liverpool and prove we can take one of those places they want to be involved in."
Santa Cruz has been involved in title races in the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.
He knows Liverpool is always seen as a massive game by Manchester United and feels City need to adopt a similar mentality.
Mark Hughes` men have lost only one Premier League game all season but have drawn their last five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!