Man sets record by walking over 18 miles on broken glass!
London: A British man has smashed the previous world record of walking 960 metres on a path of broken glass.
Nigel Jardine, from Leeds, West Yorkshire, covered 1,060 metres in one hour around an octagonal circuit of glass at the Bageecha restaurant in his hometown of Horsforth.
The 56-year-old walked for 27-and-a-half hours until he had covered the equivalent of 30 kilometres, or 18 miles.
"I`m used to walking on broken glass but I suppose the customers at the restaurant weren`t used to watching someone do it as they tucked into their meals," the Telegraph quoted him as saying.
The sports coach and motivational expert was allowed to take five-minute breaks every hour during the challenge to have a drink, visit the lavatory or have a lie down.
His feat was in aid of Action for Children, the leading children’s charity.
Jardine said that he developed a strong bond with the charity because he was abused as a child mentally and physically, both at home and at school.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof