Man U lack ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’ factor: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes his team has missed the ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’ factor in the past two seasons, but has been impressed with the way his side have dealt with it.
Ronaldo had moved to Real Madrid in a record-breaking 80 million pound deal in 2009 after six years at Old Trafford.
“This team might not have the Ronaldo factor, but it doesn’t understand the word defeat. It’s determined, gritty and very professional, and it’s produced some great moments,” the Telegraph quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“It’s not as if we’ve been devoid of that fantasy. Some of the football we’ve seen from the players this season has been terrific,” he added.
United are closing in on a record 19th Premier League title with Ferguson’s men six points ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal in the table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!