Man U lack ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’ factor: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes his team has missed the ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’ factor in the past two seasons, but has been impressed with the way his side have dealt with it.
Ronaldo had moved to Real Madrid in a record-breaking 80 million pound deal in 2009 after six years at Old Trafford.
“This team might not have the Ronaldo factor, but it doesn’t understand the word defeat. It’s determined, gritty and very professional, and it’s produced some great moments,” the Telegraph quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“It’s not as if we’ve been devoid of that fantasy. Some of the football we’ve seen from the players this season has been terrific,” he added.
United are closing in on a record 19th Premier League title with Ferguson’s men six points ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal in the table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film