Man U lack ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’ factor: Ferguson
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes his team has missed the ‘Cristiano Ronaldo’ factor in the past two seasons, but has been impressed with the way his side have dealt with it.
Ronaldo had moved to Real Madrid in a record-breaking 80 million pound deal in 2009 after six years at Old Trafford.
“This team might not have the Ronaldo factor, but it doesn’t understand the word defeat. It’s determined, gritty and very professional, and it’s produced some great moments,” the Telegraph quoted Ferguson, as saying.
“It’s not as if we’ve been devoid of that fantasy. Some of the football we’ve seen from the players this season has been terrific,” he added.
United are closing in on a record 19th Premier League title with Ferguson’s men six points ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal in the table.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?