Man U need 84 points to win Premier League: Fergie
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes the club needs at least 84 points to snare this season`s Premier League title.
"To win the league in England is very difficult and it doesn`t matter how you get the points, you just have to get them. You`ll need 84 points to win the league next season - definitely," The Mirror quoted Ferguson, as saying.
He added: "There will be increased competition in the league - I expect Liverpool to be better and added to the top four you have got Tottenham, although they have not done any buying this summer which is surprising, so you expect it`s going to be a really tough league. You are looking at a top six fighting for a top four and that can only add to the excitement of the Premier League, which I think is the best product in the game now."
Ferguson also dismissed reports linking Paris St Germain for a move for Dimitar Berbatov as "nonsense", adding: "There`s no encouragement for us either.
The United boss is also unconcerned about the effect of internationals taking place on Wednesday, just three days before the start of the Premier League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars