Man U need 84 points to win Premier League: Fergie
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes the club needs at least 84 points to snare this season`s Premier League title.
"To win the league in England is very difficult and it doesn`t matter how you get the points, you just have to get them. You`ll need 84 points to win the league next season - definitely," The Mirror quoted Ferguson, as saying.
He added: "There will be increased competition in the league - I expect Liverpool to be better and added to the top four you have got Tottenham, although they have not done any buying this summer which is surprising, so you expect it`s going to be a really tough league. You are looking at a top six fighting for a top four and that can only add to the excitement of the Premier League, which I think is the best product in the game now."
Ferguson also dismissed reports linking Paris St Germain for a move for Dimitar Berbatov as "nonsense", adding: "There`s no encouragement for us either.
The United boss is also unconcerned about the effect of internationals taking place on Wednesday, just three days before the start of the Premier League season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown