Man U not strengthening during transfer window : Ferguson
Manchester United: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has reiterated that he does not intend to bring in reinforcements for his injury-ravaged defence this month.
The Red Devils have had severe problems keeping their stoppers fit, as Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher have had to man the back line at times this season.
Meanwhile, Nemanja Vidic pulled up with a problem during the warm-up prior to the FA Cup game against Leeds United, which resulted in a 1-0 loss to the Old Trafford giants.
Despite the obvious problems, Ferguson remains resolute that he will not dip into the transfer funds, claiming that it is impossible to find a great player who would be willing to act as a stop-gap solution.
"We have paid a price for the absence of so many of our experienced back four players," the Scot said in his column for United Review, the club`s official matchday programme.
"Inevitably people look to this month`s transfer window as a solution to our injury worries but it`s not the answer.
"If someone could give me the name of a really good centre-half who would accept a three-month contract then I would jump at the chance, but where do you find a player like that?
"A decent player would be looking for a three-year contract and I don`t need that kind of addition. It`s already difficult enough leaving good players out of the team without adding another to the mix.
"We will continue to scout and recruit young players to develop but I won`t be looking for a senior player to ease our defensive crisis."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram