Man U targetting Tottenham striker Modric during overhaul spree
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will begin a summer of significant rebuilding at Old Trafford with a 20-million-pound bid for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric.
According to a newspaper report, Ferguson is already planning for the future and is poised to open negotiations with Tottenham for Modric, a player he has admired for a long time.
With the Scot telling friends recently that he may continue at Old Trafford for as long as three more years, he knows that he must add to his squad if he is to close the gap on Europe’s No 1 team Barcelona.
United is also poised to bid for the Aston Villa forward Ashley Young, a move for Modric would appear to indicate that Ferguson feels he needs a greater variety of attacking options.
United will face stern resistance from Tottenham when they open the bidding for Croatian star Modric as they have already taken Michael Carrick and Dimitar Berbatov from White Hart Lane in recent years.
Modric, 25, is also under contract until 2016 and has stated that he is not looking to leave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing