Man U were gifted title last season: Redknapp
London: Ahead of the Tottenham Hotspur-Manchester United Premier League clash, Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp has said that Manchester United were lucky to win the title last season.
Redknapp claimed that the trophy ended up at Old Trafford because United’s main rivals threw it away.
“Last year I think United got away with it when they won the title. Other teams threw it away,” a daily quoted Redknapp, as saying.
“Arsenal had a great chance to win it with nine games to go, but they blew it. Manchester United won it without being at their best,” he added.
Redknapp further insisted that Manchester City would probably be just as good as United this season.
“They are strong, no question about that. But I wouldn’t say they are stronger than Manchester City,” he said.
“City have Aguero, Tevez and now possibly Nasri. They are going to be right up there. Their squad is unbelievable,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO