Man U will claim 19th title beating Chelsea, Arsenal: Fergie
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said that his team could be crowned champions next weekend after beating Arsenal and Chelsea.
Manchester United will claim a 19th Premier League title with wins over their two nearest rivals.
They go to the Emirates tomorrow, and Ferguson said: “The form we are in we have a chance of doing that. We want to win these games. People have been inferring for some time that this is Arsenal``s chance to beat us at their ground and win the league.”
“Then it was Chelsea’s chance to beat us at Old Trafford and win the league. I took a different view. My view was why can we not win these games? They are not easy but they’re not for Arsenal or Chelsea either,” the Sun quote him, as saying.
United has yet to beat a top-half team away this season, but Ferguson believes they can finish with a flourish.
“Two months ago everybody was looking at these two games as league deciders. And they probably are now. We are going into the game in good form,” he said.
“I think there’s still drama ahead. The teams at the top will drop points. Chelsea are the dark horses in the sense that people seemed to think they were out of it. But I thought they had the easier run-in and are now on our coat-tails,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred