Man U will claim 19th title beating Chelsea, Arsenal: Fergie
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said that his team could be crowned champions next weekend after beating Arsenal and Chelsea.
Manchester United will claim a 19th Premier League title with wins over their two nearest rivals.
They go to the Emirates tomorrow, and Ferguson said: “The form we are in we have a chance of doing that. We want to win these games. People have been inferring for some time that this is Arsenal``s chance to beat us at their ground and win the league.”
“Then it was Chelsea’s chance to beat us at Old Trafford and win the league. I took a different view. My view was why can we not win these games? They are not easy but they’re not for Arsenal or Chelsea either,” the Sun quote him, as saying.
United has yet to beat a top-half team away this season, but Ferguson believes they can finish with a flourish.
“Two months ago everybody was looking at these two games as league deciders. And they probably are now. We are going into the game in good form,” he said.
“I think there’s still drama ahead. The teams at the top will drop points. Chelsea are the dark horses in the sense that people seemed to think they were out of it. But I thought they had the easier run-in and are now on our coat-tails,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway