Man United quiet on stake sale talk
London: Manchester United have declined to be drawn on a report the controlling Glazer family are planning to sell as much as a 25 percent stake in the English club on the market.
Britain`s Sunday Mirror newspaper quoted an unnamed banking source as saying the proposal was being considered by the owners in order to clear some debt.
"We don`t comment on speculation," a spokesman for the Premier League winners and last term`s Champions League runners-up said.
The American Glazers have been unpopular with many fans since buying the club and taking it off the stock market in 2005 with supporters saying they were uncomfortable with the levels of debt despite continued on-field success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country