Man United quiet on stake sale talk
London: Manchester United have declined to be drawn on a report the controlling Glazer family are planning to sell as much as a 25 percent stake in the English club on the market.
Britain`s Sunday Mirror newspaper quoted an unnamed banking source as saying the proposal was being considered by the owners in order to clear some debt.
"We don`t comment on speculation," a spokesman for the Premier League winners and last term`s Champions League runners-up said.
The American Glazers have been unpopular with many fans since buying the club and taking it off the stock market in 2005 with supporters saying they were uncomfortable with the levels of debt despite continued on-field success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch