Man United quiet on stake sale talk
London: Manchester United have declined to be drawn on a report the controlling Glazer family are planning to sell as much as a 25 percent stake in the English club on the market.
Britain`s Sunday Mirror newspaper quoted an unnamed banking source as saying the proposal was being considered by the owners in order to clear some debt.
"We don`t comment on speculation," a spokesman for the Premier League winners and last term`s Champions League runners-up said.
The American Glazers have been unpopular with many fans since buying the club and taking it off the stock market in 2005 with supporters saying they were uncomfortable with the levels of debt despite continued on-field success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming