Man United suffer more defensive injuries
London: Manchester United suffered another setback in their defence ahead of Sunday`s Community Shield clash with Chelsea when Nemanja Vidic was sidelined with a calf injury, the club said.
The 27-year-old Serb, who will be out of action for up to two weeks, joined Gary Neville, Wes Brown and goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar on the injury list.
"Everyone is fit apart from Wes, Vidic and Neville," manager Alex Ferguson was quoted as saying on the Premier League Club`s website.
Brown and Neville have been have been ruled out of Sunday`s match with thigh and groin strains respectively while Van der Sar faces an eight-week layoff with a broken finger.
"Vidic has pulled his calf and is another week or two away, while Edwin`s injury is a bad one. He`s out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal. It is not an easy one for me," Ferguson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside