Man United suffer more defensive injuries
London: Manchester United suffered another setback in their defence ahead of Sunday`s Community Shield clash with Chelsea when Nemanja Vidic was sidelined with a calf injury, the club said.
The 27-year-old Serb, who will be out of action for up to two weeks, joined Gary Neville, Wes Brown and goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar on the injury list.
"Everyone is fit apart from Wes, Vidic and Neville," manager Alex Ferguson was quoted as saying on the Premier League Club`s website.
Brown and Neville have been have been ruled out of Sunday`s match with thigh and groin strains respectively while Van der Sar faces an eight-week layoff with a broken finger.
"Vidic has pulled his calf and is another week or two away, while Edwin`s injury is a bad one. He`s out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal. It is not an easy one for me," Ferguson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed