Man United suffer more defensive injuries
London: Manchester United suffered another setback in their defence ahead of Sunday`s Community Shield clash with Chelsea when Nemanja Vidic was sidelined with a calf injury, the club said.
The 27-year-old Serb, who will be out of action for up to two weeks, joined Gary Neville, Wes Brown and goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar on the injury list.
"Everyone is fit apart from Wes, Vidic and Neville," manager Alex Ferguson was quoted as saying on the Premier League Club`s website.
Brown and Neville have been have been ruled out of Sunday`s match with thigh and groin strains respectively while Van der Sar faces an eight-week layoff with a broken finger.
"Vidic has pulled his calf and is another week or two away, while Edwin`s injury is a bad one. He`s out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal. It is not an easy one for me," Ferguson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal