Man United suffer more defensive injuries
London: Manchester United suffered another setback in their defence ahead of Sunday`s Community Shield clash with Chelsea when Nemanja Vidic was sidelined with a calf injury, the club said.
The 27-year-old Serb, who will be out of action for up to two weeks, joined Gary Neville, Wes Brown and goalkeeper Edwin Van der Sar on the injury list.
"Everyone is fit apart from Wes, Vidic and Neville," manager Alex Ferguson was quoted as saying on the Premier League Club`s website.
Brown and Neville have been have been ruled out of Sunday`s match with thigh and groin strains respectively while Van der Sar faces an eight-week layoff with a broken finger.
"Vidic has pulled his calf and is another week or two away, while Edwin`s injury is a bad one. He`s out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal. It is not an easy one for me," Ferguson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read