Man U`s Hernandez hospitalised with concussion
London: Manchester United`s Mexican striker Javier Hernandez spent a night in hospital after suffering a concussion on the club`s pre-season tour of the United States.
The 23-year-old, nicknamed Chicharito or "little pea", was injured during training at the Red Bull Arena in New Jersey ahead of United`s friendly with the MLS All-stars, the club said.
"Chicharito sustained a mild concussion during training last night," a United spokesperson said on the club website.
"We have taken all the necessary precautions, which included an overnight stay in hospital.”
"The manager will give further updates in due course."
Hernandez, who has 29 international caps, scored 13 Premier League goals in his debut campaign after signing from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara for just seven million pounds (USD 11.4 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read