Man U`s Hernandez hospitalised with concussion
London: Manchester United`s Mexican striker Javier Hernandez spent a night in hospital after suffering a concussion on the club`s pre-season tour of the United States.
The 23-year-old, nicknamed Chicharito or "little pea", was injured during training at the Red Bull Arena in New Jersey ahead of United`s friendly with the MLS All-stars, the club said.
"Chicharito sustained a mild concussion during training last night," a United spokesperson said on the club website.
"We have taken all the necessary precautions, which included an overnight stay in hospital.”
"The manager will give further updates in due course."
Hernandez, who has 29 international caps, scored 13 Premier League goals in his debut campaign after signing from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara for just seven million pounds (USD 11.4 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'