Man U`s Hernandez hospitalised with concussion
London: Manchester United`s Mexican striker Javier Hernandez spent a night in hospital after suffering a concussion on the club`s pre-season tour of the United States.
The 23-year-old, nicknamed Chicharito or "little pea", was injured during training at the Red Bull Arena in New Jersey ahead of United`s friendly with the MLS All-stars, the club said.
"Chicharito sustained a mild concussion during training last night," a United spokesperson said on the club website.
"We have taken all the necessary precautions, which included an overnight stay in hospital.”
"The manager will give further updates in due course."
Hernandez, who has 29 international caps, scored 13 Premier League goals in his debut campaign after signing from Mexican side Chivas de Guadalajara for just seven million pounds (USD 11.4 million).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites