`Man U’s triumph a footballing lesson for City`
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney reckons that Manchester City has been taught a ‘footballing lesson’ after their Community Shield loss on Sunday.
United were two down at half-time after goals by Joleon Lescott and Edin Dzeko despite dominating possession.
They got back in the game when Chris Smalling tapped in Ashley Young’s 52nd-minute free kick, and two goals by Nani in front of a Wembley crowd of 77,169.
“This shows who the best team is. All game we dominated. We never know when a game is finished, we took them apart. The scoreline is deserved,” a daily quoted, Rooney as saying.
“We are the champions and we’re the team to beat. We want to prove that. Obviously they are wanting to try and fight us for that title and today I think there was only one team that was going to win,” he added.
Later on, he tweeted: “I have to say I think today was a footballing lesson.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries