`Man U’s triumph a footballing lesson for City`
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney reckons that Manchester City has been taught a ‘footballing lesson’ after their Community Shield loss on Sunday.
United were two down at half-time after goals by Joleon Lescott and Edin Dzeko despite dominating possession.
They got back in the game when Chris Smalling tapped in Ashley Young’s 52nd-minute free kick, and two goals by Nani in front of a Wembley crowd of 77,169.
“This shows who the best team is. All game we dominated. We never know when a game is finished, we took them apart. The scoreline is deserved,” a daily quoted, Rooney as saying.
“We are the champions and we’re the team to beat. We want to prove that. Obviously they are wanting to try and fight us for that title and today I think there was only one team that was going to win,” he added.
Later on, he tweeted: “I have to say I think today was a footballing lesson.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence