Man Utd mulling 600 mln stg bond issue: report
Manchester: Manchester United is considering a 600 million pound (USD 954 million) bond issue as part of the Premier League soccer club’s battle to bring its spiralling debts under control, reported the Sunday Times.
The Glazer family, the American leisure tycoons who bought the club in 2005, have asked two investment banks to look at ways of easing the debt burden, the newspaper said.
JP Morgan, the US bank that engineered the Glazers` 790 million pound takeover of the club, and Deutsche Bank, have been working on options to improve the club`s financial situation amid concerns that its debts could soon have serious repercussions, the Sunday Times said.
No-one at Manchester United was immediately available for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what