Manavjit wins trap gold, India bag team silver
New Delhi: Reigning world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu won the individual gold in trap and then joined hands with Mansher Singh and Anwer Sultan to bag the silver medal in team event of the Asian Clay Shooting Championship in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Mansher also finished with two medals after winning the bronze in the individual event.
The day, however, belonged to Manavjit who shot 121/125 in the Qualification Round and 19/25 in the final to win the trap gold.
Mansher shot 113 and 21 to finish with the bronze.
In the team event, Manavjit (121), Mansher (113) and Anwer Sultan (109) totalled 343/375 to win the silver, while the gold went to Kuwait (346).
In women section, Shagun Chowdhary finished fourth with a score of 82/100.
This Championship concluded today and India finished with four gold, two Silver and one bronze medals.
Ronjon Sodhi (Double Trap) and Sangram Dahiya (Double Trap Junior Men) were the other Indian shooters who won gold medals in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi