Manavjit wins trap gold, India bag team silver
New Delhi: Reigning world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu won the individual gold in trap and then joined hands with Mansher Singh and Anwer Sultan to bag the silver medal in team event of the Asian Clay Shooting Championship in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Mansher also finished with two medals after winning the bronze in the individual event.
The day, however, belonged to Manavjit who shot 121/125 in the Qualification Round and 19/25 in the final to win the trap gold.
Mansher shot 113 and 21 to finish with the bronze.
In the team event, Manavjit (121), Mansher (113) and Anwer Sultan (109) totalled 343/375 to win the silver, while the gold went to Kuwait (346).
In women section, Shagun Chowdhary finished fourth with a score of 82/100.
This Championship concluded today and India finished with four gold, two Silver and one bronze medals.
Ronjon Sodhi (Double Trap) and Sangram Dahiya (Double Trap Junior Men) were the other Indian shooters who won gold medals in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you