Manavjit wins trap gold, India bag team silver
New Delhi: Reigning world champion Manavjit Singh Sandhu won the individual gold in trap and then joined hands with Mansher Singh and Anwer Sultan to bag the silver medal in team event of the Asian Clay Shooting Championship in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Mansher also finished with two medals after winning the bronze in the individual event.
The day, however, belonged to Manavjit who shot 121/125 in the Qualification Round and 19/25 in the final to win the trap gold.
Mansher shot 113 and 21 to finish with the bronze.
In the team event, Manavjit (121), Mansher (113) and Anwer Sultan (109) totalled 343/375 to win the silver, while the gold went to Kuwait (346).
In women section, Shagun Chowdhary finished fourth with a score of 82/100.
This Championship concluded today and India finished with four gold, two Silver and one bronze medals.
Ronjon Sodhi (Double Trap) and Sangram Dahiya (Double Trap Junior Men) were the other Indian shooters who won gold medals in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown