Manchester City sign defender Clichy from Arsenal
London: Manchester City signed France left back Gael Clichy from Premier League rivals Arsenal on Monday in a deal British media reported to be worth around 7 million pounds.
The 25-year-old defender underwent a medical before signing a four-year contract with big-spending City.
"I`m really happy to be joining such a great club," Clichy said on the Manchester City website.
"I hope I can add to the quality we already have here because we have a fantastic squad who I believe will continue to get better.
"I can`t wait to get started and I think anything is possible with this team."
Clichy spent eight years at Arsenal and made 265 appearances for the North London club after joining from Cannes in 2003.
He has 10 caps for France and won the Premier League title with the Arsenal "Invincibles" team of 2003-04.
Clichy will compete for a place in the starting lineup with Serbian Aleksandar Kolarov who joined City for 19 million pounds last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town