Manchester United world`s most valuable team
New York: English Premier League champions Manchester United have retained their title as the world`s most valuable sports team, according to Forbes magazine`s annual top 50 list.
The Red Devils, who have an estimated 333 million fans around the world, topped the list with a worth of $1.86 billion, just ahead of the Dallas Cowboys ($1.81 billion).
The top 50 included seven soccer teams, with Real Madrid coming in fifth and Arsenal seventh. Barcelona, considered the world`s best team, came in at a relatively low 26th despite their on-field success.
All 32 franchises in the National Football League (NFL) made the top-50 with six, Dallas, Washington, New England, New York Giants, Houston Texans and New York Jets in the top 10.
The only team in the top 10 that did not play football was Major League Baseball`s New York Yankees, who were third overall.
Ferrari was the top motor racing team, listed at 13th, while the New York Knicks (47th) were the leading basketball franchise.
The Forbes Top Ten teams:
1. Manchester United
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. New York Yankees
4. Washington Redskins
5. Real Madrid
6. New England Patriots
8. New York Giants
9. Houstan Texans
10. New York Jets
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan