Manchester United world`s most valuable team
New York: English Premier League champions Manchester United have retained their title as the world`s most valuable sports team, according to Forbes magazine`s annual top 50 list.
The Red Devils, who have an estimated 333 million fans around the world, topped the list with a worth of $1.86 billion, just ahead of the Dallas Cowboys ($1.81 billion).
The top 50 included seven soccer teams, with Real Madrid coming in fifth and Arsenal seventh. Barcelona, considered the world`s best team, came in at a relatively low 26th despite their on-field success.
All 32 franchises in the National Football League (NFL) made the top-50 with six, Dallas, Washington, New England, New York Giants, Houston Texans and New York Jets in the top 10.
The only team in the top 10 that did not play football was Major League Baseball`s New York Yankees, who were third overall.
Ferrari was the top motor racing team, listed at 13th, while the New York Knicks (47th) were the leading basketball franchise.
The Forbes Top Ten teams:
1. Manchester United
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. New York Yankees
4. Washington Redskins
5. Real Madrid
6. New England Patriots
8. New York Giants
9. Houstan Texans
10. New York Jets
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'