Manchester United world`s most valuable team
New York: English Premier League champions Manchester United have retained their title as the world`s most valuable sports team, according to Forbes magazine`s annual top 50 list.
The Red Devils, who have an estimated 333 million fans around the world, topped the list with a worth of $1.86 billion, just ahead of the Dallas Cowboys ($1.81 billion).
The top 50 included seven soccer teams, with Real Madrid coming in fifth and Arsenal seventh. Barcelona, considered the world`s best team, came in at a relatively low 26th despite their on-field success.
All 32 franchises in the National Football League (NFL) made the top-50 with six, Dallas, Washington, New England, New York Giants, Houston Texans and New York Jets in the top 10.
The only team in the top 10 that did not play football was Major League Baseball`s New York Yankees, who were third overall.
Ferrari was the top motor racing team, listed at 13th, while the New York Knicks (47th) were the leading basketball franchise.
The Forbes Top Ten teams:
1. Manchester United
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. New York Yankees
4. Washington Redskins
5. Real Madrid
6. New England Patriots
8. New York Giants
9. Houstan Texans
10. New York Jets
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!