Mancini aiming to win Premier League, CL
London: After becoming the first Manchester City manager since Tony Book 35 years ago to win a trophy by lifting the FA Cup in May, Roberto Mancini believes that he must build on that success if he is to be rewarded by the club’s Abu Dhabi-based owners with an extended deal.
“I haven’t spoken to the club about a new contract, but if they are happy with me this season then I am sure we will talk. I like this job and I would like to stay longer than two more years. I have a good feeling with the squad and the owner, and I like being in Manchester,” a daily quoted Mancini, as saying.
“I am working to make Manchester City the No.1 club. I want us to win the Premier League and the Champions League,” he added.
Mancini has two years left on the three-and-a-half-year deal he signed when replacing Mark Hughes in December last year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai