Mancini all set to replace Carlos Tevez as Man City captain
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is all set to replace Carlos Tevez as captain of the club.
City play Everton on Monday with Mancini considering handing the armband to Kolo Toure or Vincent Kompany, the BBC reports.
The manager is yet to inform the club of his decision, but senior officials believe he is most likely to reinstate Toure as skipper.
The defender was made captain under Mark Hughes but replaced by Tevez in the summer in a bid to make the Argentine stay at Eastlands.
On Sunday, Toure was still unaware of whether he would be captain against Everton, but Mancini is believed to regard him as the best option until Tevez’s future is resolved.
City rejected a written transfer request from Tevez last week and have made it clear they will not sell him in January, with Eastlands football administrator Brian Marwood declaring on Friday he expects the striker to honour his contract, which runs until July 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued