Mancini all set to replace Carlos Tevez as Man City captain
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is all set to replace Carlos Tevez as captain of the club.
City play Everton on Monday with Mancini considering handing the armband to Kolo Toure or Vincent Kompany, the BBC reports.
The manager is yet to inform the club of his decision, but senior officials believe he is most likely to reinstate Toure as skipper.
The defender was made captain under Mark Hughes but replaced by Tevez in the summer in a bid to make the Argentine stay at Eastlands.
On Sunday, Toure was still unaware of whether he would be captain against Everton, but Mancini is believed to regard him as the best option until Tevez’s future is resolved.
City rejected a written transfer request from Tevez last week and have made it clear they will not sell him in January, with Eastlands football administrator Brian Marwood declaring on Friday he expects the striker to honour his contract, which runs until July 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’