Mancini now targets Champions League spot for Man City
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has set a target of four wins in six games to nab a Champions League football spot.
City is on a high after booking an FA Cup final showdown with Stoke by beating arch-rivals Manchester United.
Mancini ordered his fourth-placed side to forget about the chance of lifting silverware, according to The Sun.
“We have six games to the end of the season, three home and three away so it``s down to us. If we win four of them we have a good chance and don``t have to depend on other teams,” he said.
Mancini dismissed talk that there could be carve up between City and Stoke when they meet in the league three days after the final.
“I respect every opinion but I don``t believe this. Is it unfair to Stoke to suggest this? Maybe,” Mancini said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!