Mancini now targets Champions League spot for Man City
London: Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has set a target of four wins in six games to nab a Champions League football spot.
City is on a high after booking an FA Cup final showdown with Stoke by beating arch-rivals Manchester United.
Mancini ordered his fourth-placed side to forget about the chance of lifting silverware, according to The Sun.
“We have six games to the end of the season, three home and three away so it``s down to us. If we win four of them we have a good chance and don``t have to depend on other teams,” he said.
Mancini dismissed talk that there could be carve up between City and Stoke when they meet in the league three days after the final.
“I respect every opinion but I don``t believe this. Is it unfair to Stoke to suggest this? Maybe,” Mancini said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!