Mancini says will carry on picking Tevez for match
London: Manchester City coach Roberto Mancini has said that he will continue to pick star striker Carlos Tevez and rubbished speculation of the latter probably moving to Italian club Inter-Milan.
"At the moment we don`t have any news about other teams and Carlos will carry on playing for Manchester City. He arrives on Monday and will train. When he`s ready, he`ll play. He`s a professional, if he doesn`t get another team in the next two weeks, he`ll play for us and he`ll play seriously like last year," The Sun quoted Mancini, as saying.
Mancini also insisted that any rift with Tevez has been healed after the angry striker failed to return to training this week.
"I spoke to Carlos four days ago because his telephone is working again. He was happy and told me he would be back on Monday. Everything was normal. He was happy, I am happy. He was on holiday. I made a mistake because I told him to come back at the end of July. But it should have been August 8 - after 21 days holiday," Mancini said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores