Mancini wants to ‘control’ Man City like Ferguson
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has said that he wants more control at the club like Sir Alex Ferguson has at Manchester United.
Mancini also insists that if he can get the players he wants, City can be the ‘thorn in the flesh’ that Ferguson fears.
Ferguson has always preached that a manager should have full control over what happens at a club.
“I agree with Ferguson, but he has been at United for a long time so, for him, it is easy. For me, it’s difficult because I have only been here for 18 months or so,” a daily quoted Mancini, as saying.
“Maybe I need to have more control of the team and the other situations. For a manager that’s very important,” he added.
The Italian further reckons that the scenario might change if he wins the Premier League this season.
“It is different from Italy and I prefer the English style. Here if the manager loses, he is sacked and for this I think the manager needs to take every decision. If he makes a mistake, he pays for it,” Mancini said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’