Manipur: 2 CRPF personnel killed, bombs defused
Imphal: Two CRPF personnel on poll duty were killed in an ambush by militants even as four powerful bombs planted near polling stations were seized and defused before polling for the Manipur Assembly began Saturday morning.
The CRPF personnel were killed yesterday when militants ambushed them in Ukhrul district, official sources said.
They said the bombs were suspected to have been planted by militants in Khurai Chingangbam area, Sawombung High School, Khomidok in Imphal East district and Naoremthong High School area in Imphal West district to disturb the polls.
The explosives were seized and defused, they said.
An official report said an 80-year old woman was killed
last Thursday in interior Tamenglong hill district when
suspected militants attacked a Congress party office with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars