Manipur: 2 CRPF personnel killed, bombs defused
Imphal: Two CRPF personnel on poll duty were killed in an ambush by militants even as four powerful bombs planted near polling stations were seized and defused before polling for the Manipur Assembly began Saturday morning.
The CRPF personnel were killed yesterday when militants ambushed them in Ukhrul district, official sources said.
They said the bombs were suspected to have been planted by militants in Khurai Chingangbam area, Sawombung High School, Khomidok in Imphal East district and Naoremthong High School area in Imphal West district to disturb the polls.
The explosives were seized and defused, they said.
An official report said an 80-year old woman was killed
last Thursday in interior Tamenglong hill district when
suspected militants attacked a Congress party office with
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi