Manipur Chief Minister congratulates boxer Mary Kom
Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister O. Ibobi Singh has expressed `immense pleasure` and congratulated boxer Mary Kom on her winning the fifth women`s boxing title at Bridgetown (Barbados) on September 18 last.
In a statement here yesterday, Singh stated that it was a moment of supreme pride for the people of Manipur that despite all odds, Kom won the World championship consecutively for the fifth time.
Her feat would be recorded in golden letters in the annals of sports history of India and Manipur, he said.
The Chief Minister expressed confidence that Kom would bring more laurels for the state and the nation in the future also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan