Manipur government announces Rs 10 lakh for Mary Kom
Imphal: Manipur government will hand over a cheque of Rs 10 lakh to boxer Mary Kom, who recently won gold medal for the fifth time in the World Women Boxing Championship, official sources said on Thursday.
Manipur government Spokesman and Sports minister N Biren said a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister O Ibobi
last evening decided that a grand reception would be given to Mary Kom at Khuman Lampak Sports stadium here when she returns here on September 25.
During the grand reception Ibobi Singh will hand over a cheque of Rs 10 lakh to Mary Kom.
The Manipur government had already promoted Mary Kom an Inspector in the Manipur police to the rank of Deputy
Superintendent of Police after she won the gold medal in the world women`s boxing championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das