Manipur government announces Rs 10 lakh for Mary Kom
Imphal: Manipur government will hand over a cheque of Rs 10 lakh to boxer Mary Kom, who recently won gold medal for the fifth time in the World Women Boxing Championship, official sources said on Thursday.
Manipur government Spokesman and Sports minister N Biren said a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister O Ibobi
last evening decided that a grand reception would be given to Mary Kom at Khuman Lampak Sports stadium here when she returns here on September 25.
During the grand reception Ibobi Singh will hand over a cheque of Rs 10 lakh to Mary Kom.
The Manipur government had already promoted Mary Kom an Inspector in the Manipur police to the rank of Deputy
Superintendent of Police after she won the gold medal in the world women`s boxing championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender