Manmohan Singh to receive Obama at Delhi airport
New Delhi: In a special gesture, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur will receive US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle at Delhi airport on Sunday, sources here said Saturday.
"Yes, the Prime Minister and his wife will be receiving the Obamas," sources at the Prime Minister`s Office said.
Obama is on a four-day visit to India. He arrived in Mumbai Saturday afternoon, and is to reach New Delhi Sunday afternoon.
The Prime Minister is hosting a private dinner Sunday for the US first couple at his official residence, 7 Race Course Road.
Singh, 78, and Obama, 49, share a special chemistry and have praised each other on several occasions. Obama hosted the first state dinner of his presidency for Manmohan Singh in Washington Nov 24 last year.
Obama leaves for Indonesia Tuesday morning. He will also visit South Korea and Japan during his 14-day Asian trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what