Manmohan Singh to receive Obama at Delhi airport
New Delhi: In a special gesture, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur will receive US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle at Delhi airport on Sunday, sources here said Saturday.
"Yes, the Prime Minister and his wife will be receiving the Obamas," sources at the Prime Minister`s Office said.
Obama is on a four-day visit to India. He arrived in Mumbai Saturday afternoon, and is to reach New Delhi Sunday afternoon.
The Prime Minister is hosting a private dinner Sunday for the US first couple at his official residence, 7 Race Course Road.
Singh, 78, and Obama, 49, share a special chemistry and have praised each other on several occasions. Obama hosted the first state dinner of his presidency for Manmohan Singh in Washington Nov 24 last year.
Obama leaves for Indonesia Tuesday morning. He will also visit South Korea and Japan during his 14-day Asian trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police