Manmohan Singh to receive Obama at Delhi airport
New Delhi: In a special gesture, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his wife Gursharan Kaur will receive US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle at Delhi airport on Sunday, sources here said Saturday.
"Yes, the Prime Minister and his wife will be receiving the Obamas," sources at the Prime Minister`s Office said.
Obama is on a four-day visit to India. He arrived in Mumbai Saturday afternoon, and is to reach New Delhi Sunday afternoon.
The Prime Minister is hosting a private dinner Sunday for the US first couple at his official residence, 7 Race Course Road.
Singh, 78, and Obama, 49, share a special chemistry and have praised each other on several occasions. Obama hosted the first state dinner of his presidency for Manmohan Singh in Washington Nov 24 last year.
Obama leaves for Indonesia Tuesday morning. He will also visit South Korea and Japan during his 14-day Asian trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends