Manual for maintenance of major highways on cards: NHAI
New Delhi: The National Highways Authority of India will come up with a Standard Maintenance Manual by the December-end that will help in the upkeep of the Golden Quadrilateral and other highway stretches in the country.
The manual, also meant for the East-West and North-South corridors, will lay down the operations and maintenance procedures of four- and six-laned national highway stretches,
which have been built through engineering, procurement and construction contracts, an official statement said.
It will also underline specifications, drawings, performance standards for short term operation and maintenance of such highway stretches.
The consultant appointed by NHAI for this purpose Consulting Engineering Services Pvt Ltd has already submitted the draft manual to the Authority for scrutiny and the final
document would be published by the end of next month.
The ambitious 5,846-km Golden Quadrilateral project connecting the four metropolitan cities of the country has almost been completed.
Major parts of the East-West (Silchur to Porbandar) and North-South (Kashmir to Kanyakumari) Corridors Project involving 7,300-kms development have also been executed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- CBSE Class 10th Results 2016: (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) CBSE 10th result 2016, CBSE Class 10th X Results 2016, CBSE Board 10th Class results to be declared today
- Watch video: Zeus the husky throws the most priceless tantrum; refuses get off the couch!
- Five killed as boiler bursts in private chemical company in Dombivli township
- HRD Ministry directs UGC to amend regulations regarding workload of teachers
- PM Modi-led govt completes two years; Facebook tracks his journey on social media