Manual for maintenance of major highways on cards: NHAI
New Delhi: The National Highways Authority of India will come up with a Standard Maintenance Manual by the December-end that will help in the upkeep of the Golden Quadrilateral and other highway stretches in the country.
The manual, also meant for the East-West and North-South corridors, will lay down the operations and maintenance procedures of four- and six-laned national highway stretches,
which have been built through engineering, procurement and construction contracts, an official statement said.
It will also underline specifications, drawings, performance standards for short term operation and maintenance of such highway stretches.
The consultant appointed by NHAI for this purpose Consulting Engineering Services Pvt Ltd has already submitted the draft manual to the Authority for scrutiny and the final
document would be published by the end of next month.
The ambitious 5,846-km Golden Quadrilateral project connecting the four metropolitan cities of the country has almost been completed.
Major parts of the East-West (Silchur to Porbandar) and North-South (Kashmir to Kanyakumari) Corridors Project involving 7,300-kms development have also been executed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends