Manual for maintenance of major highways on cards: NHAI
New Delhi: The National Highways Authority of India will come up with a Standard Maintenance Manual by the December-end that will help in the upkeep of the Golden Quadrilateral and other highway stretches in the country.
The manual, also meant for the East-West and North-South corridors, will lay down the operations and maintenance procedures of four- and six-laned national highway stretches,
which have been built through engineering, procurement and construction contracts, an official statement said.
It will also underline specifications, drawings, performance standards for short term operation and maintenance of such highway stretches.
The consultant appointed by NHAI for this purpose Consulting Engineering Services Pvt Ltd has already submitted the draft manual to the Authority for scrutiny and the final
document would be published by the end of next month.
The ambitious 5,846-km Golden Quadrilateral project connecting the four metropolitan cities of the country has almost been completed.
Major parts of the East-West (Silchur to Porbandar) and North-South (Kashmir to Kanyakumari) Corridors Project involving 7,300-kms development have also been executed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack