Maoists blow up railway station in Orissa
Rourkela: In a pre-dawn attack, heavily armed Maoists blew up a railway station and abducted three railway employees in Orissa`s Sundargarh district, about 80 km from here, Tuesday.
More than 20 ultras stormed Roxy railway station, located in a remote place under K Bolang police station area, in the early hours and triggered the explosion after asking
the employees to move out, police sources said.
The rebels also abducted three persons including the station master besides setting ablaze about 15 heavy vehicles parked near the small railway station used mainly for iron ore
transportation, police said.
The station is used for transporting iron ore to Rourkela Steel Plant (RSP) here.
Tension prevailed and panic spread among the people in the entire district after the attack on the railway station.
Although a police station housing a CRPF camp has been set up in K. Bolang area, police took a long time to reach the spot, locals alleged.
A 48-hour bandh called by the Maoists began yesterday in five states, including Orissa, demanding release of their arrested activists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III