Maoists gun down two CPI(M) men in Bengal
Purulia (WB): Two CPI(M) workers were on Monday
shot dead by Maoists in Purulia and West Midnapore districts,
An active worker of the CPI(M) Debiprosad Hansda (50) was
shot dead by armed Maoists on the charge of being corrupt at
Bitting Lohar village of Balarampur in Purulia last night, the
Four more CPI-M workers and leaders, including Latika
Hembram, Pradhan of Kepka Ghatber Panchayat Samiti, her
husband and two relatives were beaten-up at Amghar and
Nandudih villages in Balarampur last night, they said.
The party leaders were also told to desert CPI-M at the
earliest, sources said.
The incident comes close on the heels of the killing of a
CPI(M) leader and a party worker in Purulia district since
In West Midnapore district, Maoists today gunned down a
CPI-M leader for allegedly spying for the police at Amjharna
jungle near Lalgarh.
According to police, Mahato (40) was shot dead in the
jungle after being called out from his residence at Manihada
village this morning. He died on the spot.
Before he was killed, he was tried in a kangaroo court by
the red rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- 10 school children die in van-train collision in UP's Bhadohi - Know what led to mishap
- China, North Korea envoys hold talks in Laos
- If Narsingh Yadav is found guilty, Sushil Kumar cannot replace him for Rio Olympics – Here's why!
- Rohit Bal's fusion of bling and royalty draws curtain on India Couture Week
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag