Maoists kill and abducts CPI-M leaders near Lalgarh
Midnapore (WB): Suspected Maoists on Monday
shot dead a CPI-M leader and abducted two others at Salbani
near Lalgarh in West Midnapore district.
Superintendent of Police Manoj Verma said armed
Maoists entered Shyam Chalak`s home at Keudi village this
morning and shot him dead from close range.
Chalak was secretary of CPI-M branch office at Keudi
village which was recently cleared off Maoists by the police
and paramilitary forces in a flush-out operation.
Verma said one armed Maoist guerilla was arrested in
connection with Chalak`s murder.
Meanwhile, two other CPI-M leaders were abducted in
retaliation by Maoists from Kadasole village near Lalgarh,
hours after the arrest of a Maoist cadre, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends