Maoists kill CPI-M leader in West Midnapore district
Midnapore: Maoists shot dead two CPI(M)
leaders and issued posters threatening to kill six other
Marxists in West Midnapore district as violence continued
unabated in strife-torn Lalgrah, despite over a month-old
operation by joint security forces.
Nirmal Mahato, the CPI(M) branch committee Secretary of
Amdanga, was shot dead by Maoists, who claimed he was killed
for exploiting poor villagers, police said.
The Maoists then blocked the Amdanga-Lalgarh road felling
boulders preventing security forces from raiding the area.
The attack came barely 10 hours after the Maoists gunned
down of CPI(M) local leader Kalipada Singh (50) at Chirugora
village last night.
A gang of 15 Maoist cadre stormed into Singh`s house and
killed him on the spot for alleged corrupt practices.
Maoists declared that Singh, convenor of CPI(M)-backed
Police Santras Pratirodh Committee, was `given death sentence`
in their `Kangaroo court` recently, the police said.
In another development, panic spread as posters(
supposedly put by Maoist rebels) came up in Goaltore,
Midnapore Sadar, Salboni and Jhargram warning six CPI-M
leaders, including CPI-M Zonal Committee secretary of Jhargram
Rabi Sarkar, of `justice` at the Kangaroo court `very soon`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder