Maoists kill CPI-M leader in West Midnapore district
Midnapore: Maoists shot dead two CPI(M)
leaders and issued posters threatening to kill six other
Marxists in West Midnapore district as violence continued
unabated in strife-torn Lalgrah, despite over a month-old
operation by joint security forces.
Nirmal Mahato, the CPI(M) branch committee Secretary of
Amdanga, was shot dead by Maoists, who claimed he was killed
for exploiting poor villagers, police said.
The Maoists then blocked the Amdanga-Lalgarh road felling
boulders preventing security forces from raiding the area.
The attack came barely 10 hours after the Maoists gunned
down of CPI(M) local leader Kalipada Singh (50) at Chirugora
village last night.
A gang of 15 Maoist cadre stormed into Singh`s house and
killed him on the spot for alleged corrupt practices.
Maoists declared that Singh, convenor of CPI(M)-backed
Police Santras Pratirodh Committee, was `given death sentence`
in their `Kangaroo court` recently, the police said.
In another development, panic spread as posters(
supposedly put by Maoist rebels) came up in Goaltore,
Midnapore Sadar, Salboni and Jhargram warning six CPI-M
leaders, including CPI-M Zonal Committee secretary of Jhargram
Rabi Sarkar, of `justice` at the Kangaroo court `very soon`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown