Maoists kill CPI-M leader in West Midnapore district
Midnapore: Maoists shot dead two CPI(M)
leaders and issued posters threatening to kill six other
Marxists in West Midnapore district as violence continued
unabated in strife-torn Lalgrah, despite over a month-old
operation by joint security forces.
Nirmal Mahato, the CPI(M) branch committee Secretary of
Amdanga, was shot dead by Maoists, who claimed he was killed
for exploiting poor villagers, police said.
The Maoists then blocked the Amdanga-Lalgarh road felling
boulders preventing security forces from raiding the area.
The attack came barely 10 hours after the Maoists gunned
down of CPI(M) local leader Kalipada Singh (50) at Chirugora
village last night.
A gang of 15 Maoist cadre stormed into Singh`s house and
killed him on the spot for alleged corrupt practices.
Maoists declared that Singh, convenor of CPI(M)-backed
Police Santras Pratirodh Committee, was `given death sentence`
in their `Kangaroo court` recently, the police said.
In another development, panic spread as posters(
supposedly put by Maoist rebels) came up in Goaltore,
Midnapore Sadar, Salboni and Jhargram warning six CPI-M
leaders, including CPI-M Zonal Committee secretary of Jhargram
Rabi Sarkar, of `justice` at the Kangaroo court `very soon`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery