Maoists kill two cops in Jharkhand’s Dhanbad district
Ranchi: Two cops were shot dead by Maoist rebels in Dhanbad district of Jharkhand, police said Wednesday.
According to the police, the cops from Dhanbad district, which is around 260 km from Ranchi, went to the local market Tuesday night. Maoist rebels belonging to the outlawed Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) fired at them in the market. Both died on the spot.
The killed cops were Assistant Sub-Inspector Nirmal Kumar and Constable Deepak Bawari.
Senior police officials including Superintendent of Police Manoj Kausik rushed to the Maniadih police picket in the area Wednesday morning.
Maoist guerrillas are active in 18 of the 24 districts in Jharkhand. Nearly 1,500 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the last eight years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!