Maradona hands `idol` Tevez starting place
Pretoria: Argentina coach Diego Maradona
said that Carlos Tevez will start the team`s opening World Cup
clash against Nigeria on Saturday and described the Manchester
City striker as an "idol".
"Carlitos cannot be left out of the team. He is an idol
of the people, more than me and Lionel Messi, so I read,"
Maradona told TyC Sports television.
Maradona also insisted that Barcelona star Messi, who is
key to the team`s chances in South Africa, is fit and ready to
play despite some doubts expressed in the Argentine media that
he has looked jaded in training.
"Everything is good with Messi. There are no problems,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA