Maradona hands `idol` Tevez starting place
Pretoria: Argentina coach Diego Maradona
said that Carlos Tevez will start the team`s opening World Cup
clash against Nigeria on Saturday and described the Manchester
City striker as an "idol".
"Carlitos cannot be left out of the team. He is an idol
of the people, more than me and Lionel Messi, so I read,"
Maradona told TyC Sports television.
Maradona also insisted that Barcelona star Messi, who is
key to the team`s chances in South Africa, is fit and ready to
play despite some doubts expressed in the Argentine media that
he has looked jaded in training.
"Everything is good with Messi. There are no problems,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends