Maradona hands `idol` Tevez starting place
Pretoria: Argentina coach Diego Maradona
said that Carlos Tevez will start the team`s opening World Cup
clash against Nigeria on Saturday and described the Manchester
City striker as an "idol".
"Carlitos cannot be left out of the team. He is an idol
of the people, more than me and Lionel Messi, so I read,"
Maradona told TyC Sports television.
Maradona also insisted that Barcelona star Messi, who is
key to the team`s chances in South Africa, is fit and ready to
play despite some doubts expressed in the Argentine media that
he has looked jaded in training.
"Everything is good with Messi. There are no problems,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!