Mark Webber considering retirement: RBR Manager
Melbourne: Red Bull Racing’s driver manager Dr. Helmut Marko has claimed that Formula One driver Mark Webber will “probably retire” next year.
Marko said this during a television interview ahead of Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix in which he was discussing the future of Australia’s rising-star Daniel Ricciardo.
“As with the other Australian, he is probably going to retire in 2012,” Fox Sports quoted Marko, as saying.
“We need to find one of our juniors who can replace Mark Webber,” he added.
Marko had earlier described Ricciardo as “the new Sebastian Vettel”, adding that the 22-year-old had to improve in the Hispania Racing Team before he could progress to the main teams.
It comes just a week after Red Bull manager Christian Horner said that he was certain Webber and Vettel would remain with the team for the 2012 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered