Mark Webber considering retirement: RBR Manager
Melbourne: Red Bull Racing’s driver manager Dr. Helmut Marko has claimed that Formula One driver Mark Webber will “probably retire” next year.
Marko said this during a television interview ahead of Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix in which he was discussing the future of Australia’s rising-star Daniel Ricciardo.
“As with the other Australian, he is probably going to retire in 2012,” Fox Sports quoted Marko, as saying.
“We need to find one of our juniors who can replace Mark Webber,” he added.
Marko had earlier described Ricciardo as “the new Sebastian Vettel”, adding that the 22-year-old had to improve in the Hispania Racing Team before he could progress to the main teams.
It comes just a week after Red Bull manager Christian Horner said that he was certain Webber and Vettel would remain with the team for the 2012 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon