Mark Webber considering retirement: RBR Manager
Melbourne: Red Bull Racing’s driver manager Dr. Helmut Marko has claimed that Formula One driver Mark Webber will “probably retire” next year.
Marko said this during a television interview ahead of Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix in which he was discussing the future of Australia’s rising-star Daniel Ricciardo.
“As with the other Australian, he is probably going to retire in 2012,” Fox Sports quoted Marko, as saying.
“We need to find one of our juniors who can replace Mark Webber,” he added.
Marko had earlier described Ricciardo as “the new Sebastian Vettel”, adding that the 22-year-old had to improve in the Hispania Racing Team before he could progress to the main teams.
It comes just a week after Red Bull manager Christian Horner said that he was certain Webber and Vettel would remain with the team for the 2012 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!