Mark Webber considering retirement: RBR Manager
Melbourne: Red Bull Racing’s driver manager Dr. Helmut Marko has claimed that Formula One driver Mark Webber will “probably retire” next year.
Marko said this during a television interview ahead of Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix in which he was discussing the future of Australia’s rising-star Daniel Ricciardo.
“As with the other Australian, he is probably going to retire in 2012,” Fox Sports quoted Marko, as saying.
“We need to find one of our juniors who can replace Mark Webber,” he added.
Marko had earlier described Ricciardo as “the new Sebastian Vettel”, adding that the 22-year-old had to improve in the Hispania Racing Team before he could progress to the main teams.
It comes just a week after Red Bull manager Christian Horner said that he was certain Webber and Vettel would remain with the team for the 2012 season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM