Mark Webber undecided on Red Bull future
Canberra: Australia Formula One driver Mark Webber has said he is still unsure what team he will be racing for in 2012.
With his Red Bull racing contract expiring at the end of the 2011 Formula One season, there is speculation that the team will replace Webber with a younger driver to partner Sebastian Vettel.
Despite saying in the past he would like to finish his F1 career with Red Bull, Webber said he would consider driving for another competitive team if Red Bull Racing does not offer him another contract.
“If the team doesn``t want me anymore, I will have to ask myself a question, hang up my helmet or change teams?” The Fox News quoted Webber, as saying.
“Last year I fought for the title and I will do it again this year. I am relaxed and feel I will be until the end,” he added.
Team boss Christian Horner again hosed down speculation of a Webber replacement however, stating that if Mark Webber is performing well at year’s end, the team will sign on the Australian for at least another season.
“Mark has made it quite clear he wants to finish his career with Red Bull. He has no desire to go to another team and while he is delivering we have no desire to change,” Horner said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore