Market ends lower ahead of F&O expiry, Nifty down by 19 pts
Mumbai: The market snapped its four-day gaining spree on Wednesday`s trade on profit selling amid subdued global cues, as the benchmark CNX-Nifty ended lower by 18.50 points on the NSE.
Despite subdued Asian bourses, trading resumed on a slightly better note and trading bound most part of the day before drifting lower due to lack of large-scale funds, action and retail participation.
Cautious investors used every rise to book profits ahead of expiry of December series and a long weekend ahead mainly affected the trading sentiment, traders said.
Retail participants preferred to stay away from market fearing a sharp correction as the key indices faced stiff resistance to cross the psychological 5200-mark, they added.
The 50-share Nifty opened at 5,188.75 and traded in range between 5,197.05 and a low of 5,160.10 before closing at 5,169.45, a fall of 18.50 points, or 0.36 per cent, over its last close.
From the Nifty pack, Jindal Steel lost 2.20 per cent, Herohonda 2.18 per cent, Itc 2.15 per cent, Gail 1.64 per cent and Cairn 1.43 per cent. However, Rel Infra rose 1.64 per cent, Acc 1.37 per cent, Grasim 1.23 per cent, Cipla 1.09 per cent and Rpower 1.07 per cent.
Turnover in cash improved to Rs 11,670.08 crore from Rs 11,502.03 crore yesterday. A total of 6,697.31 lakh shares changed hands in 54,26,432 trades. The market capitalization was at Rs 56,69,689 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended