Married lesbian couple seeks protection from NHRC
Muzaffarnagar: A lesbian couple, who invited wrath of their families after they eloped and entered into a wedlock, has sought protection from NHRC fearing threat to their lives, police said on Saturday.
The two girls -- Pinki (19) and Komal (18) – belonging to Shamli, 35 KM away, shocked their parents by expressing desire to marry two months ago.
The marriage came to light after Pinki filed a complaint with a senior police official alleging harassment by her parents, police said.
The police team, which is investigating into the matter, yesterday received a copy of the complaint filed by the couple with the National Human Rights Commission seeking protection, they said.
Meanwhile, Bhartiya Kisan Union president Mahendra Singh Tikait said such a marriage is against the ethos and tradition of any religion and should be opposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth