Marseille head of security slams Chelsea reception
Paris:Olympique Marseille`s head of security Guy Cazadamont claimed he was ejected from Stamford Bridge on Tuesday, later protesting about how he was treated by Chelsea`s security officers at their Champions League clash.
"I have never experienced such a reception in a European competition," Cazadamont told Marseille`s website.
Nobody at Chelsea was immediately available to comment about the allegation on Wednesday.
Cazadamont said on the website: "I was grabbed round the waist and was eventually thrown out of the stadium.
"I was expecting something else since everything always went pretty well when we played in Liverpool, Bolton, Manchester or Newcastle."
Cazadamont claimed the 22 Marseille stewards, who travelled from France, were not allowed to supervise their fans in the stands and banners were confiscated at the stadium entrance.
He also said some supporters were not allowed to enter the stadium and had their tickets "ripped off".
"I went to the stands and the discussion was heated. But instead of dealing with my Chelsea counterpart, I had to talk to the stewards," said Cazadamont.
The Marseille fans kept up a noisy presence during the match, repeatedly booing and jeering Chelsea`s suspended France striker Nicolas Anelka.
Anelka was playing against a French team for the first time since being sent home from the World Cup in South Africa after criticising then-coach Raymond Domenech.
He has subsequently been handed a long ban from the France team by the France Football Federation (FFF) but has also said he would no longer play for France in any case.
Chelsea 2-0 with goals by John Terry and an Anelka penalty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state