Maruti sales jump 33.36% in July
New Delhi: The country`s largest car maker, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, on Saturday reported a 33.36 percent jump in sales at 78,074 units in July.
It had sold 58,543 vehicles in the same month last year.
Sales in the domestic market grew by 27.63 percent to 67,528 units in July from 52,911 units in the same month last year. Exports rose by 87.25 percent to 10,546 units compared to 5,632 units in the year-ago period, Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) said in a statement.
During the month the company crossed the 50,000 units export mark for its A-Star which was introduced internationally in January this year, it added.
Sales of the company`s oldest and once bread-and-butter model M800 declined by 43.55 percent at 2,796 units compared to 4,953 units last year, while A2 segment (comprising Alto, Wagon R, Zen Estillo, Swift, A-Star and Ritz) witnessed a growth of 38.28 percent at 48,115 units compared to 34,795 units in the same month last year.
Sales in the A3 segment (consisting of SX4 and DZiRE) increased by 51.47 percent to 9,101 units compared to 6,009 units in the corresponding period last year, the company said.
MSI`s passenger car sales rose by 29.43 percent at 67,314 units against 52,010 units in the same month in 2008, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra