Maruti Suzuki most online searched car brand: Google India
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki India is the most searched car maker among potential buyers looking for online information, says a Google India study.
According to Google study on `The Role of the Internet in Automotive Buying’, 56 per cent respondents said they searched for Maruti Suzuki before buying a car, while 33 per cent said they bought the vehicle after the online search.
This was followed by Honda, with 46 per cent seeking information on the Honda models and 17 per cent said they bought a Honda car.
Tata Motors stood a close third (43 per cent search), followed by Hyundai, Ford and Toyota.
"The results help us in understanding the psyche of the consumers. They search for models, brands and also compare prices, be it old or new cars and that helps us give input to auto companies on what the consumer is looking for," Google India Business Head Narasimha Jayakumar told PTI.
Brand name was the top priority for search with about 81 per cent respondents saying they searched for the brand name online while buying a new car, while model formed the second top criterion for search.
About 27 per cent people searched online for offers and 25 per cent searched for dealers while buying a new car.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why