Maruti to create new segment with seven-seat car
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki will create a new segment with the launch of its new family car and hopes to maintain sales growth in calendar 2010, managing director and chief executive officer Shinzo Nakanishi said on Tuesday.
The company showcased its new seven-seater family car at the auto show in Delhi earlier in the day.
Nakanishi said despite the pressure of raw material costs, inflation and the rise of the yen against the rupee, the company hopes to maintain its growth in calendar 2010.
"This is not an easy job this year with so many new cars being launched," he said, when asked if Maruti will be able to maintain its 50 percent market share over the next three years.
"We have to make preparations for this," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune