Mary Kom get new coach soon
Mumbai: Four-time world boxing champion M C Mary Kom is likely to get a new coach, with Irishman Peter Taylor being the front runner.
The Olympic Gold Quest, which supports Mary Kom, is in talks with Taylor and another Russian to coach the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna awardee.
"We are in talks with Taylor as well as a Russian coach who had won three gold medals with the Italian team during the Beijing Olympics," OGQ COO Viren Rasquinha told reporters.
Meanwhile, Mary Kom has also expressed desire to train with Taylor.
"I want to train with Peter Taylor. Earlier, I had discussions with him. I want to work with him to improve my techniques, speed and power," she said.
Mary Kom said the desire to win an Olympic gold medal was keeping her with the game.
"I have already won the World Championship four times. Any other time I could have hung up my boots. But the reason
why I am still in the sport is because I want to win an
Olympic gold medal," the Manipur boxer said.
"All I need to do is maintain my fitness and I know I can
do well in the Olympics," she said.
New Delhi: In the light of Home Minister P
Chidambaram`s statement welcoming the proposal of allowing
return of Indians from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir, BJP on Friday
said this was "downright legitimisation" of infiltration and
asked who would stand guarantee for their conduct here.
"We condemn the statement of Home Minister of India P
Chidambaram welcoming the proposal of Jammu and Kashmir Chief
Minister Omar Abdullah that return of Indian youth in PoK
should be facilitated. It is nothing but downright
legitimisation of infiltration," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar
BJP maintained that these young Indians are those who
went to PoK for arms and terrorist training and once they are
back in the country they would be "at the beck and call" of
their Pakistani handlers.
"Who will stand guarantee for these young men who will
come from PoK. BJP is disturbed by this proposal. We are
opposed to any scheme which will increase infiltration,"
The main opposition also tried to drive a wedge between
Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad - who has opposed this
proposal - and his cabinet colleagues who differs with him.
"Was this issue discussed with Azad, who is a former
J&K Chief Minister and has taken a public stand against the
idea which is fraught with great risk," Prasad sought to know.
"We see Azad`s statement as a great silver lining," he
Chidambaram and Defence Minister A K Antony have conceded
in the "last 10-15 days" that there has been an increase in
infiltration which was being encouraged by the handlers from
across the border, BJP alleged.
Questioning the timing of the PoK proposal and the
unilateral decision on starting talks with Pakistan, BJP
said that the latter had come on a day when terrorist
organisations were holding an open discussion in PoK along
with some Pakistani authorities on launching Jehad and "made a
clarion call for ceding Jammu and Kashmir" from India.
Warning that the government should not "sacrifice
India`s interest", Prasad alleged, "This is a case of openly
playing with the security of the country... ad hoc decisions
are being taken without applying any foresight."
He wondered if these decisions were being taken under
"There is a meeting of minds between Pakistan and these
terrorists on such issues," Prasad said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof